Originally constructed in 1928 with additions added in 1933 and 1938, Davidson Hall houses laboratories, classrooms, and offices for the Department of Chemistry in the College of Science. This project provided for the demolition of Davidson's deteriorated and outdated center and rear section additions. The original section of Davidson Hall remained, and a new replacement addition of 44,845 gross square feet (GSF) was constructed to provide modern laboratory and research space,as well as a new lecture hall that seats 349 people. The renovated building includes a lecture hall with the latest in instructional technologies and modern, energy efficient ventilation systems for its laboratory spaces.

The front section of Davidson Hall is planned for a renovation as part of the upcoming Renovate/Renew Academic Buildings Project.

Building Number
156

Gross Square Footage
50,048 GSF (addition)

Virginia Tech Project Manager
Joe Hoeflein

Construction Manager
Barton Malow Company

A/E
Einhorn Yaffee Prescott

Project Budget
$32,003,099

Construction Status
Complete

Project Completion
January 2014

LEED Certification
Certified

For additional information, contact Joe Hoeflein at 540-231-3689.

Concept Images and Renderings

Before Construction Photos

Construction Photos

Complete Project Photos

Contact

Mailing address
Facilities Department (0529)
Sterrett Facilities Complex
Virginia Tech
230 Sterrett Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061

Phone
540-231-4300